Serving: 25 cookies - Prep Time: 25 M - Cook Time: 15 M - Total Time: 40 M
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 175 g all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 25 g almonds, flaked
- 50 g jam (your favorite)
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and creamy. Stir in the egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in the flour and mix until well combined. Knead for about 2-3 minutes until a smooth ball of dough begins to form. Add more flour if needed. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 170℃ 338F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Roll dough into 25 balls the size of a walnut. Roll them in the egg white and then the flaked almonds. Place on lined baking sheet and push a dimple in it with your thumb.
4. Fill the dimples with the jam (about 1 teaspoon)
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave them on a rack to cool competely.