YIELD: Makes 1 cake - Prep Time: 20 M - Cook Time: 45 M - Total Time: 1 H 6 M
YIELD: Makes 1 cake - Prep Time: 10 M - Cook Time: 45 M- Total Time: 55 M
Serves: 18 Bread Rolls - Prep Time: 10 M - Cooking Time: 25 M - Total Time: 35 M
Serves: 6 muffins - Prep Time: 10 M - Cooking Time: 30 minutes - Total Time: 40 M
Serves: 4 Toasts - Prep Time: 10 M - Cooking Time: 20 M - Total Time: 30 M
Serves: 1 loaf - Prep Time: 15 M - Cooking Time: 50 M - Total Time: 1 h 5 M
Servings: 16 Cookies - Prep Time: 10 M - Cooking Time: 20 M - Total Time: 30 M
- 1 egg
- 95 g white sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 190 g all purpose flour
- 7 g baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 80 g white sugar
- 250 ml water
- Coconut, walnuts, pistachios or your favorite
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C 338 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the egg and sugar. Stir in the melted butter. Add half of the flour and stir until well combined. Stir in the remaining flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir until a smooth dough begins to form.
3. Roll dough into walnut size balls. Place on lined baing sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make the syrup: Dissolve the sugar in water in a small bowl. Stir until sugar is completely melted.
6. Remove the cookies from oven. Dip each warm cookie in syrup for about 15 sec. and place back on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies. Top with coconuts, walnuts or pistachios.
Serves: 6 - Prep Time: 20 M - Cook Time: 2 h - Total Time: 2 H 20 M
- 1 kg whole chicken or chicken legs
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 heart celery, sliced, yellow leaves reserved
- handful peas
- 1 leek, washed and shredded
- 2,5 - 3 liters water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon juice
1. Wash the chicken in cold water. Place the sliced carrots, cubed potatoes, shredded leek, sliced celery, handful peas and the chicken in a large, deep pan and pour in about 3 liters water or enough to cover the chicken.
2. Simmer on a medium heat for about 1¹/² hours or until the chicken is cooked troughly.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and tear the cooked chicken into long chunks. Throw the chicken back in the pan. Add salt, shredded yellow leaves of the celery and lemon juice. Simmer for about 10 minutes more over medium heat.
4. Serve warm.