Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts12:01
3 sheets of puff pastry
3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
1,5 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
handful strawberries, sliced
1 egg, beaten
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200 C - 392 F and line a baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. Cut each pastry sheet into rectangles. Totaling 6 pastries. Place on lined sheet.
Brush edges with beaten egg. Using a fork, prick the centers of the rectangles of puff pastry, leaving about a half inch border unpriced around the edges.
4. Place 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each pastry. Top with sliced strawberries.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Dust with icing sugar.