Turkish Chocolate Chip Cookies- Ep. 31013:10
Yield: 24 Cookies - Prep Time: 10 M - Cook Time: 15-20 M - Total Time: 30 M
- 150 g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 240 g all purpose flour
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- 50 g sesame seeds, roasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180C 356F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the softened butter, egg, vanilla extract and water.
Add the powdered sugar and half of the all purpose flour. Stir until well combined. Add the remaining all purpose flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir until a smooth ball of dough begins to form. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.
3. Add the chocolate chips, walnuts and sesame seeds. Knead until incorporated.
4. Roll dough into 24 walnut size bals and place on lined baing sheet. Flatten each ball of dough with a fork..
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in their baking sheets for a minute. After a minute, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.